Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Snap Magic's Cover Release

When you work towards a project for years (writing) and months (illustrating) it can be difficult to finally introduce your 'baby' to the world. Letting go of something you have been passionately working on for such a long time is often an angst-filled moment. But I couldn't be prouder of how the cover for my new release, Snap Magic, has turned out. Here it is:

ISBN: 978-0-9925753-0-4
The illustration/artwork and design vision are my own. Anthony Puttee of Book Cover Cafe brought it all together beautifully. He's terrific to work with; I especially like the font he found and the background he created to my brief.

In another post I'll show my original illustration and sketches. And who's keen to read the blurb?



The professional editing and design of this creative work was made possible with the support of
The Regional Arts Development Fund – a Queensland Government and Gold Coast City Council partnership 
to support local arts and culture.








2 comments:

N J .............. said...

Angela, Congratulations on your new book. I will definitely be purchasing a copy. It is a triumph to be able to make your dreams into reality. I love the cover and can't wait to see the rest of the art work and read the book. Congrats again, Nicola.

Angela Sunde. said...

Thank you so much, Nicola. Your words mean so much to me. Yesterday I proofed the back cover and am totally smitten with this cutie. Of course authors always love their own book babies.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS